Thursday, July 12, 2012

Angry Birds Treat Bags


Have you ever seen something really cool on the internet and wondered how it was made? That just makes me crazy and I can't stop until I figure it out. Well, I saw a picture of some Angry Bird Fancy Favor Treat Bags but there were no directions and I have no idea who designed them. (Whoever came up with this idea did an amazing job! Thank you :-) I am pretty sure that the original bag design used the Stampin Up Fancy Favor die but I don't have that so I had to improvise.

This is my version of an Angry Bird Treat Bag and it is made without a die. I did use several punches because I have lots of them in my stash, but you can experiment with whatever you have.  Go ahead and give it a try. This super stinkin' cute treat bag will just make you  feel happy!


post signature

 P.S.       The embellishments for the pig were made using the following punches
      
Nose1 1/2 inch circle punch in green ( I sponged the edges with a coordinating green ink for added definition)  
Nose Holes: 3/16 inch hole punch (I used my Crop A Dile) Put a scrap of black cardstock behind the holes and apply nose to treat bag using a piece of foam tape or a dimensional glue dot
Eyes: Made just like the Red Bird's except I pupils are more centered 
Eyebrows: Punch a piece of black cardstock with a 1 1/4 inch circle punch. Punch the same cardstock again with a 1 1/2 inch circle punch - centering the 1 1/4 hole in the center of the 1 1/2 inch punch. Cut the resulting ring shaped piece in half. Stack the halves on top of one another (so both eyebrows will be the same) and trim the pieces to the desired size
Ears: Stampin Up Large Oval punch in green with Stampin Up Small Oval punch in black layered on top

1 comment:

  1. These projects are wonderful. I just joined your blog and was wondering if there is a place to subscribe to new posts by email. I do have that on my blog if you want to go see it. Thanks.

    Blog: http://blogbykathi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete